Erhard Pfeiffer Photographer
Erhard specializes in the photography of Architecture and Interiors. 2009 turned out to become one of the most rewarding years for Erhard’s career. He photographed more high-end residences and resort hotels then ever before and several of his images graced the covers of Architectural Digest, Robb Report and other magazines. He is a true lover of architecture and interior design. His own new house designed by architect Dean Nota won the 2008 National AIA Award and was published in Architectural Digest in October 2008. Erhard's award winning photographs of architecture, interior design, hotels, and residences have graced the covers of numerous prestigious books and publications worldwide. He is based in Los Angeles but covers assignments worldwide, in particular Asia, the Middle East, Europe and Latin America. As a popular guest speaker on Architectural and Interior Design Photography he has lectured at the American Institute of Architects, Brooks Institute of Photography, Asian American Society and other institutions. He is a member of the American Society of Media Photographers and the Advertising Photographers of America. By 2008 his work had appeared over 100 times in Architectural Digest and the list of magazine and book covers exceeds one hundred as well. In 2006 Erhard was awarded the Star of Design in the field of Photography.
Erhard’s photographs have recently graced the covers of several leading magazines:
- June 2009:Wine Spectator featured Erhard’s magnificent photograph of Auberge du Soleil in the Napa Valley.
- April 2009:Architectural Digest’s cover with a house designed by Marmol Radziner.
- April 2009:Robb Report’s Ultimate Home cover, architecture by Guy Dreyer.
Film Versus Digital
Erhard is now capturing most of his images digitally. He has however set aside a freezer full of large format film should a client request the traditional 4x5 view camera work.
Recent Published Work
- - Architectural Digest -March 2010, Residence in the Napa Valley
- - Architectural Digest -February 2010, A Dream Reimagined, Los Angeles
- - Architectural Digest -December 2009, Architectural Digest Greenroom at the Prime Time Emmy Awards
- - Architectural Digest -October 2009, Design Driven – Maserati Contest, Los Angeles
- - Architectural Digest -May 2009, Urban Perspective, Seattle
- - Architectural Digest -April 2009, cover, At One with the Land see here
- - Architectural Digest -April 2009, Encore Resort Casino, Las Vegas see here
- - California Homes -April 2009, p. 98 - 105
- - Architectural Digest -March 2009, Esperanza Resort Hotel, Baja California, Mexico see here
- - Architectural Digest -November 2008, Dennis Quaid
- - Architectural Digest -October 2008, Island of Calm, Venice, Northern California see here
- - Architectural Digest -October 2008, A Question of Context, Washington
- - Architectural Digest -October 2008, Bay Area Embrace, California
- - Architectural Digest -September 2008, Donna Livingston’s Yacht, Los Angeles
- - Architectural Digest -September 2008, Ritz-Carlton Bahrain Hotel & Spa
- - Architectural Digest -May 2008, cover, Bridge between Cultures, Dubai see here
- - Robb Report -April 2009, cover, The Ultimate Home
- - California Homes -April 2008, cover, p. 132 - 139
Erhard contributed to these new fabulous books:
- - Jim Olson Houses -The Monacelli Press, 2010
- - Personal Sanctuaries -Lifestyles of Southern California, KAA Design Group, 2009
- - Modern to Classic -Residential Estates by Landry Design Group, Oro Publishing
- - Adventurous Wine Architecture, Images Publishing -
Brooks Institute of Photography, May 2009, February 2009, and July 2008 At least once a year Erhard shares his knowledge with the Architectural Photography class at this well known photography school.
2006 Star of Design - Photography
This website was designed by my friend Eric